CANADA: DBRS confirms Nestle Capital Canada Ltd. at R-1 (high)
Nestle Capital Canada Ltd. (based on the support agreement from Nestle S.A. "Nestle" or "the Company"), is confirmed at R-1 (high) with a Stable trend following today's announcement that the Company has entered into an agreement to acquire Ralston Purina Company ("Ralston") for a total purchase price of US$11.7 billion. Nestle's financial strength has been very strong with cash flow exceeding net debt levels for the past three years and EBITDA interest coverage rising to over 11 times in F1999. However, the acquisition is being largely debt financed and will reduce Nestle's overall financial flexibility in the near term. During the past five years, Nestle has maintained net debt levels in the Sfr6 billion range but the Ralston acquisition will cause this to rise significantly. The Company typically produces a high level of free cash flow (Sfr3.0 billion in F1999) and will discontinue share repurchases (Sfr2.3 billion in F1999), but it will take at least two years before net debt levels and cash flow to total debt recover back to historical levels. The recovery of financial strength could take longer as it is dependent upon strong earnings gains and a smooth integration of Ralston. Furthermore, the Company will likely continue to review all strategic acquisition opportunities as they arise.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report