UK: Deadly spider found in grapes sold at Tesco
A Dorset mother-of-two received a nasty shock when she discovered a black widow spider in a bag of grapes. Linda Cooper had purchased the grapes from a Tesco store two days previously and had been putting bunches in lunch boxes for her two young children. On discovering the lethal spider, Cooper called the police who sent a wildlife officer to remove the spider to the arachnid house at London Zoo. The spider was identified as a black widow and is thought to have come from Mexico.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival