EUROPE: Dean Foods adds pouring yoghurt to Alpro range
Alpro Pouring Yoghurt is available in two variants: Simply Plain and Vanilla
US dairy giant Dean Foods is to launch two Alpro-branded pouring yoghurts throughout Europe.
The Alpro Pouring "Simply Plain" and vanilla lines, which Dean Foods said aims to tap into the consumption of yoghurt at breakfast, have already gone on sale in Tesco stores in the UK. The 750ml yoghurts have a UK RSP of GBP1.85 (US$2.95).
"We believe that Alpro Pouring will be a great addition to our portfolio, tapping into the growing usage of yogurt at breakfast," John Allaway, commercial director for Alpro UK, said.
With India - and the prospect of wide-ranging economic reforms in the country - in the international business headlines, there are few other more opportune times to meet Rakesh Biyani, joint managing ...
This week's coverage on just-food had the World Retail Congress at its centre. The event, held in London, heard Tesco CEO Philip Clarke say retailers should look to "mass personalisation". It also gav...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs