USA: Dean Foods announces ice cream alliance with Baskin-Robbins
Howard M. Dean, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF), announced yesterday that Dean Foods has entered into a strategic alliance with Baskin-Robbins to manufacture and distribute ice cream to Baskin-Robbins' franchised retail outlets throughout most of the nation. Baskin-Robbins is operated and marketed by Allied Domecq Quick Service Restaurants (ADQSR). The production will be handled at four Dean Foods locations; Alta-Dena Dairy in Southern California; Creamland Dairies in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Barber Dairy in Birmingham, Alabama and Dean's Belvidere, Illinois ice cream facility.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery