US: Dean Foods plans DHA omega-3 launches
WhiteWave Foods, the organic unit of Dean Foods, has entered into a partnership with Martek Biosciences to develop products to be launched in 2007 containing DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) omega-3.
The deal extends an existing cooperation agreement, and will see WhiteWave launch an organic milk containing DHA under the company's Horizon Organic brand. WhiteWaves will also launch yoghurt fortified with DHA under the Rachel's brand.
Joseph Scalzo, president and CEO of WhiteWave said: "DHA is an ingredient that has been shown to provide important health benefits in young children and across the lifecycle. Horizon Organic is the leading organic dairy brand with a proud history of pioneering in healthy, organic products and we look forward to the impact of this ingredient in enhancing our product offerings and once again pioneering our business into new arenas."
DHA omega-3 is a long-chain fatty acid supports brain, eye and cardiovascular health.
Companies: Dean Foods
Russian retailer X5 has stayed silent on reports linking it to the acquisition of local rival Grossmart - but admitted it needs to buy businesses to maintain its position in the sector....
German organic retailer Basic has suspended the sale of the company to discount retailer Lidl....
My Organic Baby, the baby food company owned by Vancouver-based alternative beverages group Clearly Canadian, has added an organic soy-based baby formula to its range....
Kerry Group, the Irish ingredients, flavours, and consumer foods group, has posted a rise in first-half profits on the back of growing sales across the business....
The US Department of Agriculture is helping small producers meet voluntary organic programme standards with US$1m in grants....
Kraft has increased its full-year earnings per share guidance on the back of the success of its growth plan, lower than expected taxes and its share buyback programme....
The Swiss chocolate producer Barry Callebaut has reaffirmed its previously stated three-year sales and profit guidance, in spite of rising raw material costs....
Amish Naturals has completed a US$6m private placement funding....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review