USA: Dean Foods Q2 earnings up 21% to US$0.80 per share
FRANKLIN PARK, Ill./PRNewswire/ -- Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF - news) today announced record results for its second quarter. Sales increased 4.3% to a record $1,144.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2002. Diluted earnings per share before merger-related costs were a record $0.80 per share compared to $0.66 per share in the second quarter of fiscal 2001. Driven by a significant improvement in National Refrigerated Products Group results, second quarter operating earnings before merger- related costs were $62.7 million compared to $56.7 million last year. The company incurred $3.7 million pre-tax for costs related to the previously announced merger transaction with Suiza Foods Corporation ($2.3 million after- tax, or $0.06 per share).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action