USA: Dean Foods Q2 earnings up 21% to US$0.80 per share
FRANKLIN PARK, Ill./PRNewswire/ -- Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF - news) today announced record results for its second quarter. Sales increased 4.3% to a record $1,144.6 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2002. Diluted earnings per share before merger-related costs were a record $0.80 per share compared to $0.66 per share in the second quarter of fiscal 2001. Driven by a significant improvement in National Refrigerated Products Group results, second quarter operating earnings before merger- related costs were $62.7 million compared to $56.7 million last year. The company incurred $3.7 million pre-tax for costs related to the previously announced merger transaction with Suiza Foods Corporation ($2.3 million after- tax, or $0.06 per share).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report