USA: Dean Foods reports first quarter results and business unit realignment to drive national brands
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) today announced its first quarter earnings and an enhancement to its business unit structure to further the Company's strategy to focus on high margin value-added branded products.First quarter sales increased 5.3% to a record $1,054.3 million, compared to $1,001.3 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2000. Earnings per share increased 5.7% to a record 74 cents per diluted share, versus 70 cents per diluted share last year. Net income was $26.4 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2001 compared to $27.8 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2000, as improved operating results were offset by higher interest expense to finance acquisitions in a consolidating industry."Our first quarter earnings were driven by improved operating results in our Dairy and Specialty Foods divisions," stated Howard Dean, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Operating earnings in the newly formed National Refrigerated Products Division, formed by combining Dean's national branded products from our former Dairy and Specialty segments, reflect investment of approximately $6 million for launches of new products during the first quarter."Dean Foods' first quarter results included the following highlights:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report