USA: Dean Foods reports first quarter results and business unit realignment to drive national brands
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) today announced its first quarter earnings and an enhancement to its business unit structure to further the Company's strategy to focus on high margin value-added branded products.First quarter sales increased 5.3% to a record $1,054.3 million, compared to $1,001.3 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2000. Earnings per share increased 5.7% to a record 74 cents per diluted share, versus 70 cents per diluted share last year. Net income was $26.4 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2001 compared to $27.8 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2000, as improved operating results were offset by higher interest expense to finance acquisitions in a consolidating industry."Our first quarter earnings were driven by improved operating results in our Dairy and Specialty Foods divisions," stated Howard Dean, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Operating earnings in the newly formed National Refrigerated Products Division, formed by combining Dean's national branded products from our former Dairy and Specialty segments, reflect investment of approximately $6 million for launches of new products during the first quarter."Dean Foods' first quarter results included the following highlights:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK