USA: Dean Foods reports fourth quarter earnings
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) today announced results for its fourth quarter and full fiscal year ending May 27, 2001. Fourth quarter sales increased 12.6% to a record $1,160.4 million, compared to $1,030.7 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. The sales increase reflected improved sales in each of the Company's business segments. Net income excluding one-time items was $15.5 million, compared to $29.9 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. Diluted earnings per share excluding one-time items were $0.43 per share compared to $0.83 per share last year. Operating earnings excluding one-time items were $42.4 million versus $61.0 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. Net interest expense was $4.6 million higher this year as a result of higher debt levels for acquisitions and fiscal 2000 share repurchases.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review