USA: Dean Foods reports fourth quarter earnings
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) today announced results for its fourth quarter and full fiscal year ending May 27, 2001. Fourth quarter sales increased 12.6% to a record $1,160.4 million, compared to $1,030.7 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. The sales increase reflected improved sales in each of the Company's business segments. Net income excluding one-time items was $15.5 million, compared to $29.9 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. Diluted earnings per share excluding one-time items were $0.43 per share compared to $0.83 per share last year. Operating earnings excluding one-time items were $42.4 million versus $61.0 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000. Net interest expense was $4.6 million higher this year as a result of higher debt levels for acquisitions and fiscal 2000 share repurchases.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth