USA: Dean Foods reports second quarter results
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) yesterday announced its second quarter and first half fiscal 2001 results. Second quarter sales increased 3.4% to a record $1,103.5 million, compared to $1,067.0 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2000. Continued growth of nationally branded products in the National Refrigerated Products Group and acquisitions drove the sales increase. Income from continuing operations was $23.6 million, compared to $27.0 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2000. Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations were $0.66, compared to $0.68 last year. Operating earnings were slightly above last year's second quarter operating earnings, but net interest expense was approximately $6.5 million higher as a result of higher debt levels for acquisitions and share repurchases.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods