USA: Dean Foods reports second quarter results
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) yesterday announced its second quarter and first half fiscal 2001 results. Second quarter sales increased 3.4% to a record $1,103.5 million, compared to $1,067.0 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2000. Continued growth of nationally branded products in the National Refrigerated Products Group and acquisitions drove the sales increase. Income from continuing operations was $23.6 million, compared to $27.0 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2000. Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations were $0.66, compared to $0.68 last year. Operating earnings were slightly above last year's second quarter operating earnings, but net interest expense was approximately $6.5 million higher as a result of higher debt levels for acquisitions and share repurchases.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill