USA: Dean Foods says TreeHouse spin off to close 27 June
Food processor Dean Foods has announced that that the spin-off of its majority-owned subsidiary TreeHouse Foods Inc is expected to close on 27 June 2005.
Immediately prior to the spin-off, Dean Foods will transfer to TreeHouse the business currently conducted by its Specialty Foods Group segment in addition to its Mocha Mix, Second Nature and foodservice salad dressings businesses, it said.
Under the terms of the transaction, Dean Foods will distribute all of the shares of TreeHouse common stock held by Dean Foods to its stockholders by means of a share dividend. These shares represent approximately 98.3% of
TreeHouse's outstanding common stock. The remaining approximately 1.7% of TreeHouse common stock is held by the TreeHouse senior management team headed by Sam K. Reed, former chief executive officer of Keebler Foods Company, who will serve as chairman of the board and chief executive officer of the new company.
Following the distribution, Dean Foods will not own any shares of TreeHouse, and TreeHouse will be an independent, publicly traded company listed under the symbol "THS" on the New York Stock Exchange.
Dean Foods will distribute to the holders of Dean Foods common stock one share of TreeHouse common stock for every five shares of Dean Foods common stock outstanding on 20 June 2005, the record date for the distribution. The distribution will be on or about 27 June 2005.
As organic food continues to move into the mainstream, a wealth of companies, from the family-run to the multinational, are taking advantage of this popularity, with new products and line extensions. ...
US dairy products company Dean Foods has announced that Barry Fromberg plans to retire from his position as executive vice president and chief financial officer of the company, effective at the end of...
US dairy products company Dean Foods has announced that Joseph Scalzo has begun his term as president and chief executive officer of the company's WhiteWave Foods division....
US dairy products company Dean Foods has announced that, effective 1 January 2006, Alan Bernon will assume the role of president of Dean Dairy Group....
California-based Ventura Foods has announced that it has completed its purchase of the Marie's dressings and Dean's dips businesses from Dean Foods....
US dairy firm Dean Foods has announced that Joseph Scalzo will join the company as president and chief executive officer of WhiteWave Foods....
Food processor Dean Foods has announced increased income for the second quarter ended 30 June 2005, helped by lower raw milk and butterfat costs and increased profitability at its WhiteWave Foods subs...
Kellogg company executive Dr. Michael McBurney has been named the head of the new department of nutrition and food science at Texas A&M University....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report