US/FRANCE: Dean Foods sells Rachel's to Lactalis
A spokesperson for Dean Foods confirmed the deal with Lactalis, one of Europe's largest dairy processors and owner of brands including President and Galbani.
Dean Foods reportedly hired advisers in late May to look into the sale of Rachel's. The US group acquired Rachel's in 2004 when it bought the company's owner, Horizon Organic Dairy.
There have been over 640 stories in just-food's M&A section since April this year covering everything from industry-changing mergers to bolt on acquisitions and brand disposals. This section to the br...
The news this week that Dean Foods has sold its customer-brand yoghurt busines in the US comes as little surprise, given the turbulent year the country's largest dairy processor has just experienced -...
Rising commodity prices: should we be concerned? That is a key question facing the food industry. Again this week there was much comment on the issue and the possible impact on the sector. Sainsbury's...
US dairy Schreiber Foods has entered into an agreement to buy the customer-brand yoghurt business of Dean Foods, the country's largest dairy processor....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre