USA: Dean Foods to eliminate products lines, cut jobs at Michigan plant
US branded food giant Dean Foods is to eliminate two product lines at its Michigan plant leading to the loss of around 40 jobs. The production of puddings and sauces is to be consolidated at Dean Foods' Dixon, Illinois operation. The company said the decision was taken because neither plant was operating at full capacity and because the company wants to eliminate duplication, reported Associated Press Newswires.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry