USA: Dean Foods to eliminate products lines, cut jobs at Michigan plant
US branded food giant Dean Foods is to eliminate two product lines at its Michigan plant leading to the loss of around 40 jobs. The production of puddings and sauces is to be consolidated at Dean Foods' Dixon, Illinois operation. The company said the decision was taken because neither plant was operating at full capacity and because the company wants to eliminate duplication, reported Associated Press Newswires.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti