UK: DEFRA announces £6.4m aid package for English fisherman
A £6.4m (US$10.5m) aid package is to be made available to English fishermen affected by North Sea cod recovery measures, Fisheries Minister Elliot Morley has announced. Together with the £50m and £5m packages being offered by Scotland and Northern Ireland respectively for the same purpose, the UK fishing industry will have access to a total of over £60m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast