UK: Defra welcomes report on electronic ID and livestock tracing
Calls for the introduction of electronic identification and electronic data transfer for cattle, sheep, pigs and goats have been welcomed by the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). The recommendations, put forward by the industry steering group, include the development of a central database for sheep and electronic data transfer to reduce the paper burden on livestock farmers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production