USA: Del Monte closes Woodland California tomato plant
Del Monte Foods Company (NYSE: DLM) announced today that the company plans to close its Woodland, California tomato processing facility in January 2001. The closing of the Woodland facility is being done pursuant to Del Monte's strategy to improve operating efficiencies through the consolidation of its California manufacturing operations and to reduce the production of lower margin, commodity products such as bulk tomato paste.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth