USA: Del Monte completes sale of its Woodland, California tomato facility
Del Monte Foods Company (NYSE: DLM), announced yesterday the completion of the sale of the company's Woodland, California tomato facility to Pacific Coast Producers ("PCP"), a California grower cooperative. Terms of the sale were not disclosed. As previously announced, Del Monte closed its Woodland plant in January 2001 when it consolidated its tomato operations into the Company's state-of-the-art tomato processing facility in Hanford, California. The majority of the Company's Del Monte, Contadina and S&W brands of tomato products are now processed in Hanford, which is situated in close proximity to the Company's raw product supply. Del Monte Foods acquired both the Hanford and the Woodland facilities in December 1997, as part of the Company's acquisition of the Contadina canned tomato business from Nestle USA, Inc.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review