US: Del Monte Foods declares dividend
Del Monte Foods has declared a cash dividend on its common stock of US$0.05 per share.
The dividend is payable on 4 February 2010 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on 21 January 2010.
Higher pricing and decreased costs helped boost Del Monte Foods first-half net profit earlier this month.
For the six-month period to 1 November, income from continuing operations rose to US$121.2 from $40.3m in the previous year.
The food world this week has been dominated by the news that Tesco's long-serving CEO Terry Leahy is to step down after 14 years at the top of the company. There was also more on Wal-Mart's interest i...
Aside from the news that Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy is to step down, this week saw bakery group Aryzta boost its presence in the US with two acquisitions, the disclosure that Hershey is readying for e...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin