USA: Del Monte Foods to acquire S&W branded food business
Del Monte Foods Company (NYSE:DLM) today announced that it has received court approval to acquire the S&W branded food business, as well as related brands and existing inventory, from Tri Valley Growers for approximately $41 million in cash. S&W branded products include canned fruits, tomatoes, dry bean items, specialty sauces and vegetables. Del Monte expects the acquisition to add approximately $100 million in sales and to be accretive to earnings in the first full fiscal year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund