SPAIN: Del Pino sells Ebro Foods stake
Trading in shares of Ebro was suspended yesterday as a result of the move
Spain's Del Pino family has sold its 3.4% share in Ebro Foods for EUR69m (US$88.3m).
In an announcement to The National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) this morning (21 November), the family, through its investment vehicle Casa Grande de Cartagena, has sold a total of 5.19m shares in the Spanish food group to existing investors.
The package represents a 3.375% stake in Ebro and the family has received EUR13.30 per share for the stake. A spokesperson for the company, however, decline to name the acquirers.
Trading in shares of Ebro was suspended yesterday as a result of the move and resumed again this morning. Shares are trading at EUR13.44 as at 11:26 GMT.
The Del Pino family purchased a 5% stake in food company Ebro for EUR130.5m in 2006 but sold a 1.62% share for EUR35m in December last year, according to local reports.
The family is headed by Rafael del Pino and according to the Guardian has an estimated fortune of GBP3bn, made mainly from investments in the construction and industrial industries.
Companies: Ebro Foods
Last week ended as it started: with a household brand caught up in the horsemeat contamination scandal. On Monday, Nestle said it had pulled Buitoni products in Spain and Italy after positive tests an...
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015