CANADA: Delay in arbitration with Safeway employees
Arbitrator William Hamilton has requested extra time to finalise a two-year contract with Safeway employees in Manitoba. Hamilton had been working towards a deadline of 27 March, which has now been put back to 15 April. He had been presented with so much information during the mediation talks he oversaw, that the grocery chain and union workers involved agreed he should have extra time for reflection.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery