USA: Delhaize America Inc considering buyout offer from parent "Le Lion"
While the US subsidiary of Delhaize SA is mulling its proposed parent buyout, analysts are speculating that the Belgian food retailing behemoth will need to increase its offer. "Le Lion" has offered just US$2bn for the remainder of its 43%-owned US unit, which is low even when it is considered that prospects for the company are not particularly bright.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife