USA: Delhaize America Inc considering buyout offer from parent "Le Lion"
While the US subsidiary of Delhaize SA is mulling its proposed parent buyout, analysts are speculating that the Belgian food retailing behemoth will need to increase its offer. "Le Lion" has offered just US$2bn for the remainder of its 43%-owned US unit, which is low even when it is considered that prospects for the company are not particularly bright.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund