BELGIUM/USA: Delhaize buys 43 Harveys supermarkets
Belgian retailer Delhaize has said it has acquired 43 Harveys supermarkets in Georgia and Florida for US$26.1m in cash. "The acquisition fills in an area where Food Lion, the largest US banner of Delhaize Group, has a limited presence," Delhaize said. Delhaize, which does most of its business in the US, said it would also assume around $18m in accounts payable and other short-term liabilities associated with the operation of Harveys.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund