BELGIUM/USA: Delhaize buys 43 Harveys supermarkets
Belgian retailer Delhaize has said it has acquired 43 Harveys supermarkets in Georgia and Florida for US$26.1m in cash. "The acquisition fills in an area where Food Lion, the largest US banner of Delhaize Group, has a limited presence," Delhaize said. Delhaize, which does most of its business in the US, said it would also assume around $18m in accounts payable and other short-term liabilities associated with the operation of Harveys.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre