BELGIUM/USA: Delhaize buys 43 Harveys supermarkets
Belgian retailer Delhaize has said it has acquired 43 Harveys supermarkets in Georgia and Florida for US$26.1m in cash. "The acquisition fills in an area where Food Lion, the largest US banner of Delhaize Group, has a limited presence," Delhaize said. Delhaize, which does most of its business in the US, said it would also assume around $18m in accounts payable and other short-term liabilities associated with the operation of Harveys.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast