BELGIUM/USA: Delhaize buys 43 Harveys supermarkets
Belgian retailer Delhaize has said it has acquired 43 Harveys supermarkets in Georgia and Florida for US$26.1m in cash. "The acquisition fills in an area where Food Lion, the largest US banner of Delhaize Group, has a limited presence," Delhaize said. Delhaize, which does most of its business in the US, said it would also assume around $18m in accounts payable and other short-term liabilities associated with the operation of Harveys.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega