BELGIUM: Delhaize gives 2.6m shoppers reward Plus Card
Belgian retailer Delhaize Le Lion has offered some 2.6 million customers the option of paying their bill with a new loyalty reward card scheme, which swings into action tomorrow [Thursday]. Some 118 stores in Belgium accept the card, which will feed into an electronic payment system. Customers will pay €2 (US$1.77) to obtain the card, and can use it to pay for goods up to the value of €400 per week. Each transaction earns them five points, which can later be redeemed against goods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China