BELGIUM: Delhaize may be interested in buying Belgian stores from Laurus
Belgian retailer Delhaize has expressed an interest in acquiring several Belgian supermarkets from Dutch rival Laurus. Delhaize spokesperson C Alexandre said the retailer was interested in stores operating under the Battard and Central Cash banners, reported the Dutch News Digest. Laurus has so far failed to find a buyer for 15 Central Cash stores and 13 Battard stores in Belgium and planned to close them. Laurus has already sold off most of its loss-making Belgian operations to Belgian discount retailer Colruyt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO