BELGIUM: Delhaize may be interested in buying Belgian stores from Laurus
Belgian retailer Delhaize has expressed an interest in acquiring several Belgian supermarkets from Dutch rival Laurus. Delhaize spokesperson C Alexandre said the retailer was interested in stores operating under the Battard and Central Cash banners, reported the Dutch News Digest. Laurus has so far failed to find a buyer for 15 Central Cash stores and 13 Battard stores in Belgium and planned to close them. Laurus has already sold off most of its loss-making Belgian operations to Belgian discount retailer Colruyt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund