BELGIUM/US: Delhaize plans cost cuts at Food Lion
Belgian retailer Delhaize is planning a number of cost-cutting measures at its US Food Lion unit. The company has again lowered its sales and earnings forecasts for 2002, due in part to the state of the US economy where Delhaize carries out most of its operations. Delhaize has said that business at its US retail chains Food Lion and Kash n' Karry has been worse than expected in recent months, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs