BELGIUM/USA: Delhaize posts 2002 sales down 3.3%
Delhaize, Belgium’s second-largest supermarket chain, has said that its 2002 sales were down 3.3% to €20.7bn (US$21.7bn), hit by slow sales in the US, its main market.
The company said its same-store sales in the US dropped 1% in 2002.
Delhaize also said that it plans to cut costs further at its largest US chain, Food Lion, and plans to close 41 of Food Lion’s underperforming stores by the end of the month, as well as closing one of its discount Kash n Karry stores, reported Reuters.
Companies: Delhaize Group
The Belgian-based retailer Delhaize Group has posted a 23.4% increase in net profit for 2005 to EUR364.9m, on sales 4.2% higher at EUR18.6bn....
Reports that US retail giant Wal-Mart intends to move into the Hungarian market through the acquisition of the Louis Delhaize chain of stores in the late spring have been circulating in the Hungarian ...
Belgian food retailer Delhaize has reported strong sales growth for 2005, with net sales and other revenue of EUR28.6bn (US$34.5bn), up by 4.2% on 2004 levels....
Delhaize Group (DEG) has cut prices on more than 1,000 products to combat falling sales....
Belgian retailer Delhaize has said net profit decreased by 1.0% to €89.7m (US$105.6m) in the third quarter, while net sales and other revenues increased by 5.1% to €4.7bn....
US supermarket chain Food Lion, a subsidiary of Belgian retailer Delhaize, has said it has remodelled 63 stores in Maryland and Delaware and has launched a new promotional campaign called "Food Lion's...
Retailer Delhaize has blamed the weak dollar for a drop in sales for the second quarter of 2005....
Retail chain Food Lion, part of the Delhaize group, has named Brad Smith as vice president of accounting and Paul LaCroix as vice president of dry category management....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report