BELGIUM/US: Delhaize shakes up US management
Delhaize chains including Food Lion, Sweetbay and Hannaford have new presidents
Belgian retail giant Delhaize Group has reshuffled its senior management team in the US, where sales and profits have fallen this year.
The company has named new presidents for its Food Lion, Hannaford and Sweetbay chains in the US.
The changes come a month after Roland Smith became CEO of Delhaize's US business, which has seen underlying operating profit decrease 19% and revenue fall 2.3% in the period to the end of September.
"The restructuring was conducted to provide greater clarity of responsibility and accountability, and improve results across the organisation," a Delhaize America spokesperson told just-food.
Beth Newlands Campbell has been switched from her role as president of Hannaford to president of Food Lion and its Harveys supermarkets. Newlands Campbell, who joined Hannaford as trainee manager in 1987, replaces Cathy Green Burns.
Brad Wise, who was senior vice president for HR across Delhaize's US arm, will become president of the Hannaford chain and the retailer's Sweetbay stores.
Mike Vail, who had the role of president of Sweetbay, will become chief supply chain officer of Delhaize America.
Greg Amoroso, formerly SVP for Delhaize America's business service centre and sustainability, assumes the role of CFO of the retailer's arm Stateside.
David Criscione, SVP of strategy, marketing and business development for the Hannaford chain, assumes the role of chief strategy and development officer for Delhaize America.
Last month, Delhaize said its third-quarter operating profit in the US was down 12.9% amid investment in price and costs linked to the "transformation" of its stores in the country.
US sales increased 0.9%, although comparable-store sales dipped 1.6%. However, Delhaize said "volume trends", while still negative, "improved" for the third quarter in a row thanks for the "repositioning" of Food Lion.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis