BOSNIA AND HERZIGOVINA: Delhaize to quit Bosnia and Herzigovina in latest Balkans exit
Deal marks latest retrenchment from Delhaize in Balkans
Belgium-based retailer Delhaize Group has struck a deal to sell its stores in Bosnia and Herzigovina to a vehicle headed by local retailer Bojan Risovic.
Delhaize announced the agreement, signed for an undisclosed sum, with Tropic Group today (1 April).
The retailer has 39 stores in Bosnia and Herzigovina. It entered the country in 2011 when it bought Serbia-based group Delta Maxi, which also had stores in Albania, Bulgaria, Montenegro and Serbia. Delhaize already had outlets in Greece and Romania.
In a short statement, Delhaize said it expects the transaction to be completed in the third quarter, subject to regulatory approval.
The company described Risovic as "an established retailer with a long history of successfully running retail enterprises".
In February, Delhaize announced a deal to sell its Bulgarian business to local investor AP Mart. The transaction, expected to close in the second quarter, will see Delhaize's 54 Piccadilly and Piccadilly Express stores in Bulgaria change hands.
Since the acquisition of Delta Maxi three years ago, Delhaize has sold its stores Albania and changed its business in Montenegro to a franchise arrangement.
Agricultural Products in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro......
2013 saw the continuous development of trends seen in 2012: the strength of the authenticity trend favoured brands such as Delhaize Group SA, which strongly marketed its own organic labels. Value-for-...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis