BELGIUM: Delhaize to quit Bulgaria
Belgium-based retailer Delhaize Group is set to exit Bulgaria after striking a deal to sell its local business to AP Mart.
Delhaize operates stores in Bulgaria under the Piccadilly banner. According to Delhaize's most recent annual report, the company had 43 outlets in Bulgaria, with its business located in the capital Sofia, plus two other cities, Varna and Plovdiv.
The retailer entered Bulgaria in 2011 when it bought Serbia-based group Delta Maxi, which had stores across south-eastern Europe.
Delhaize said the transaction, announced for an undisclosed sum, is expected to be completed in the second quarter, subject to regulatory approval, as well customary closing conditions and adjustments to working capital.
Agricultural Products in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro......
2013 saw the continuous development of trends seen in 2012: the strength of the authenticity trend favoured brands such as Delhaize Group SA, which strongly marketed its own organic labels. Value-for-...
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- PepsiCo, Coca-Cola 'battle for stake in Chobani'
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Kerry eyes more European markets for Cheestrings
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China