BELGIUM: Delhaize to quit Bulgaria
Belgium-based retailer Delhaize Group is set to exit Bulgaria after striking a deal to sell its local business to AP Mart.
Delhaize operates stores in Bulgaria under the Piccadilly banner. According to Delhaize's most recent annual report, the company had 43 outlets in Bulgaria, with its business located in the capital Sofia, plus two other cities, Varna and Plovdiv.
The retailer entered Bulgaria in 2011 when it bought Serbia-based group Delta Maxi, which had stores across south-eastern Europe.
Delhaize said the transaction, announced for an undisclosed sum, is expected to be completed in the second quarter, subject to regulatory approval, as well customary closing conditions and adjustments to working capital.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report