BELGIUM: Delhaize to quit Bulgaria
Belgium-based retailer Delhaize Group is set to exit Bulgaria after striking a deal to sell its local business to AP Mart.
Delhaize operates stores in Bulgaria under the Piccadilly banner. According to Delhaize's most recent annual report, the company had 43 outlets in Bulgaria, with its business located in the capital Sofia, plus two other cities, Varna and Plovdiv.
The retailer entered Bulgaria in 2011 when it bought Serbia-based group Delta Maxi, which had stores across south-eastern Europe.
Delhaize said the transaction, announced for an undisclosed sum, is expected to be completed in the second quarter, subject to regulatory approval, as well customary closing conditions and adjustments to working capital.
Agricultural Products in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Introduction Food Retail in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro......
2013 saw the continuous development of trends seen in 2012: the strength of the authenticity trend favoured brands such as Delhaize Group SA, which strongly marketed its own organic labels. Value-for-...
Fruit & vegetables in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Analysis: Unilever's global ice cream push
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Nakd sale "attracts Burton's, Hain, Kellogg"
- Venezuela seizes Nestle, PepsiCo distribution hub
- Kerry launches premium cooked meat brand in UK
- Mondelez "cautiously optimistic" on China
- Bel international reach offsets Europe challenge