BELGIUM/GERMANY: Delhaize ventures into Germany
Belgian supermarket retailer Delhaize has announced its plans to expand into the German market by opening two stores there next year. The two new supermarkets will be situated in the town of Aachen, which is near to the German border with Belgium. Delhaize, which is the second largest Belgian supermarket chain, decided on the expansion because some shoppers from Germany were using its Belgian stores near the border.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action