BELGIUM/GERMANY: Delhaize ventures into Germany
Belgian supermarket retailer Delhaize has announced its plans to expand into the German market by opening two stores there next year. The two new supermarkets will be situated in the town of Aachen, which is near to the German border with Belgium. Delhaize, which is the second largest Belgian supermarket chain, decided on the expansion because some shoppers from Germany were using its Belgian stores near the border.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes