FRANCE: Delpeyrat acquires Montagne Noire from Spain’s Campofrio
Delpeyrat, one of France's leading foie gras producers, has acquired charcuterie specialist, Campofrio Montagne Noire, part of Spain's Campofrio group.
The buy raises its global turnover to close to EUR300m (US$390.78m).
Montage Noire, which has four production plants, is France's second main player in the ham and dry sausage segment behind Smithfield-owned Aoste-Justin Bridou.
Smithfield, which also has a stake of more than 20% in Campofrio, has sold Montagne Noire for EUR14m. Based in southwest France, it posted a 2006 turnover of EUR85m.
A Delpeyrat official told just-food the acquisition of Montagne Noire reflected the company's on-going diversification strategy. Just over a year ago, it moved into the prepared dishes segment with the purchase of Le Magicien Vert from UK group Perkins Foods.
Companies: Smithfield Foods
US meat processor Smithfield Foods has filed a registration statement and preliminary prospectus for a public offering of fixed rate senior unsecured notes....
Smithfield Foods has recorded rising full-year profits as the US company's European operations rebounded from losses a year ago....
Smithfield Foods said yesterday (29 May) that it expects fourth-quarter earnings to be $0.30-0.35 a share, significantly below market expectations....
Smithfield Foods has completed the previously announced acquisition of Premium Standard Farms (PSF)....
US meat processor Smithfield saw third quarter profits plummet 15% due to higher feed prices and a weak performance of its hog unit....
Shareholders of Premium Standard Farms have approved the merger agreement with Smithfield Foods, a deal which will see PSF becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Smithfield....
Meat processing giant Smithfield Foods is forecasting a drop in third-quarter earnings to between US$0.53 and $0.56 per diluted share, against $0.63 in the same quarter last year....
Smithfield Foods has entered into a licensing agreement with Subway Resturants to launch a line of Subway-branded deli meats and cheeses in the US. The products will be available this month at the ful...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review