USA: Democratic Congressional Leader to Attend Union Shop Stewards Meeting
United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1360 President Clay Bowman today announced that the Minority Whip of the United States House of Representatives, David Bonier (D-Mich), will be attending a shop steward's educational conference at the Union's offices on Monday, June 26, 2000 at 11:00 a.m."We are honored to have Congressman Bonier meet with our Shop Stewards, who are the front line representatives of our Union," said Bowman. "Congressman Bonier is a well-respected leader in the Congress and his record in support of working people, veterans, the environment and education, along with his pro-worker stances opposing NAFTA and unrestricted Fast Track trade legislation is something that we would like to see duplicated by more elected officials here in New Jersey."Bonier, the second highest ranking Democrat in the United States Congress, is in New Jersey to support the congressional campaign of Cherry Hill Mayor Susan Bass Levin, who is running in the Fourth District.Bowman noted that the Shop Steward's training conference was one of the ways that his Local Union uses to educate and motivate union members to become more involved in political elections."Our Shop Stewards are highly motivated and we try to keep them at a high level by offering them educational opportunities that will make them even better informed," he said. "Having Congressman Bonier bringing Mayor Susan Bass Levin meet with our Shop Stewards helps them to understand the importance of the November Election and the role they can play in helping to win a Democratic Majority in the House of Representatives."UFCW Local 1360 represents 10,000 workers in the retail food, food service, health care and service industries as well as public employees in local governments in South Jersey.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image