USA: Denver Buffalo Company changes name to New West Foods reflecting diversified gourmet product line
Denver Buffalo Company, the world's largest marketer of buffalo (bison) meat is changing its name to New West Foods. The reason? Earlier this year, the company expanded its product line by acquiring Game Colorado, a full line of wholesale wild game products ranging from alligator, snapping turtle and rabbit to rattlesnake, quail and ostrich. This makes New West Foods the largest wholesaler/marketer of Buffalo and Specialty Game meats to the foodservice, retail, and consumer/e-commerce markets."Now that we have added a diversified line of gourmet wild game products to our business, it makes sense to change the company name to one that is representative of all the products we offer," says New West Foods owner and CEO Will McFarlane. "We feel the name New West Foods accurately reflects our growing business."The company's name change does not affect the name of nationally known Denver Buffalo Company Restaurant and Trading Post, located on Lincoln Street in Denver. The restaurant, a Denver landmark, will retain the Denver Buffalo Company name, as will its sister restaurant, the Buffalo Restaurant and Bar in Idaho Springs, Colo. The two restaurants will now have menus featuring additional wild game items. In addition, New West Foods will continue to use the Denver Buffalo Company brand name for its buffalo product.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review