USA: Department of Commerce awards Schlotzsky's for achievements in China
The US Department of Commerce has awarded an Export Achievement Certificate to Schlotzsky's Inc, an upscale sandwich chain, for the public-private sector working relationship that helped it land and expand in China. Schlotzsky's began working with the US Department of Commerce in 1998 to plan its opening in China. The first Schlotzsky's Deli in Beijing opened in 2000. There are now four Schlotzsky's Deli's in or near Beijing. Including China, Schlotzsky's now has 23 restaurants in eight foreign countries ranging from Argentina to Turkey.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast