USA: Department of Commerce awards Schlotzsky's for achievements in China
The US Department of Commerce has awarded an Export Achievement Certificate to Schlotzsky's Inc, an upscale sandwich chain, for the public-private sector working relationship that helped it land and expand in China. Schlotzsky's began working with the US Department of Commerce in 1998 to plan its opening in China. The first Schlotzsky's Deli in Beijing opened in 2000. There are now four Schlotzsky's Deli's in or near Beijing. Including China, Schlotzsky's now has 23 restaurants in eight foreign countries ranging from Argentina to Turkey.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action