US/ASIA: DHL exec takes Wal-Mart Asia helm
Wal-Mart Stores has hired Scott Price, former head of DHL Express' European operations, to take charge of the world's largest retailer's businesses in Asia.
Price, who will take the Hong Kong-based role next month, replaces Vicente Trius, who moved to head up Wal-Mart's operations in Latin America in May, a spokesman told just-food.
The former DHL executive also spent more than a decade with Coca-Cola Co. in Japan and China.
"Scott brings tremendous global and regional experience and expertise to this position. He is the ideal candidate to lead this highly competitive region," Wal-Mart International president and CEO Doug McMillon said. "In his roles with Coca Cola and DHL, he has established a history of delivering results in the Asian markets.
South African retailer Shoprite Holdings today (3 March) hinted the company was likely to quit India over frustrations at the rules governing foreign ownership of local businesses....
Shearer's Foods has acquired Snack Alliance, a branded, contract-pack and private-label salty snack manufacturer....
Diamond Foods, the US nut maker, looks set to take a bigger bite out of the snacks market on both sides of the pond after striking a deal to buy crisp firm Kettle Foods. Upmarket snacks is a buoyant c...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO