SPANISH: Dia reports 13.8% increase in 2001 turnover
Dia, the Spanish retail unit of French giant Carrefour, has recorded a 13.8% increase in FY turnover, which reached €5.5bn (US$4.8bn) in 2001. Net sales at the chain meanwhile increased by 9.2% in the year, to €2.6bn. The company expanded its operations during the period, the number of its global stores increased by 8.5% to 3,754 and its Spanish stores by 15% to 2,389. Its workforce meanwhile increased by 17% to 23,976.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast