SPAIN: Dia to launch online store
Dia is to launch an online store in Spain
Spanish discount retailer Dia has confirmed plans to launch an online store in the country.
A spokesperson for the group told just-food today (29 October) that the concept is currently being tested and is expected to launch "in a few months".
Dia, this morning, booked an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by growth in emerging markets.
The Spain-listed company, which was spun off by France's Carrefour last year, saw its net profit almost triple to EUR99.2m (US$128m) from EUR35.9m in the prior year.
Sainsbury's has insisted it has "no plans" to open stores in India following a claim from a local government minister the UK grocer was interested in entering the market....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights