SPAIN: Dia to launch online store
Dia is to launch an online store in Spain
Spanish discount retailer Dia has confirmed plans to launch an online store in the country.
A spokesperson for the group told just-food today (29 October) that the concept is currently being tested and is expected to launch "in a few months".
Dia, this morning, booked an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by growth in emerging markets.
The Spain-listed company, which was spun off by France's Carrefour last year, saw its net profit almost triple to EUR99.2m (US$128m) from EUR35.9m in the prior year.
Sainsbury's has insisted it has "no plans" to open stores in India following a claim from a local government minister the UK grocer was interested in entering the market....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton