SPAIN: Dia to launch online store
Dia is to launch an online store in Spain
Spanish discount retailer Dia has confirmed plans to launch an online store in the country.
A spokesperson for the group told just-food today (29 October) that the concept is currently being tested and is expected to launch "in a few months".
Dia, this morning, booked an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by growth in emerging markets.
The Spain-listed company, which was spun off by France's Carrefour last year, saw its net profit almost triple to EUR99.2m (US$128m) from EUR35.9m in the prior year.
Being a long-established hypermarket in Indonesia, Carrefour is likely to continue its outlet expansion over the forecast period. By the end of review period, Carrefour started to extend its coverage ...
Sainsbury's has insisted it has "no plans" to open stores in India following a claim from a local government minister the UK grocer was interested in entering the market....
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus