SPAIN: Dia to launch online store
Dia is to launch an online store in Spain
Spanish discount retailer Dia has confirmed plans to launch an online store in the country.
A spokesperson for the group told just-food today (29 October) that the concept is currently being tested and is expected to launch "in a few months".
Dia, this morning, booked an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by growth in emerging markets.
The Spain-listed company, which was spun off by France's Carrefour last year, saw its net profit almost triple to EUR99.2m (US$128m) from EUR35.9m in the prior year.
Over the course of the forecast period, Dia is expected to continue with its process of consolidating its restructuring plan, which has so far been, and will continue be, based on three pillars: the r...
We have identified 5 issues that will be crucial to the convenience store format in 2020....
Schwarz Gruppe is not just the driving force behind Lidl’s remarkable success story over recent years, but is also behind Kaufland – currently the most successful hypermarket business in the EU. The K...
Being a long-established hypermarket in Indonesia, Carrefour is likely to continue its outlet expansion over the forecast period. By the end of review period, Carrefour started to extend its coverage ...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning