SPAIN: Dia to launch online store
Dia is to launch an online store in Spain
Spanish discount retailer Dia has confirmed plans to launch an online store in the country.
A spokesperson for the group told just-food today (29 October) that the concept is currently being tested and is expected to launch "in a few months".
Dia, this morning, booked an increase in profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by growth in emerging markets.
The Spain-listed company, which was spun off by France's Carrefour last year, saw its net profit almost triple to EUR99.2m (US$128m) from EUR35.9m in the prior year.
Sainsbury's has insisted it has "no plans" to open stores in India following a claim from a local government minister the UK grocer was interested in entering the market....
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs