USA: Diageo - abandoning house(s) - COMMENT (Members)
Diageo has announced the sale of its Croft and Delacorte port and sherry brands. The wine industry may believe that if you make it, people will drink it. But the world's biggest spirits company does not agree, indirectly admitting that wine cannot efficiently compete with beer and spirits in the drinks market. The sale, part of Diageo's strategy of focusing entirely on premium but high-volume brands, looks like the best move for the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant