USA: Diageo - abandoning house(s) - COMMENT (Members)
Diageo has announced the sale of its Croft and Delacorte port and sherry brands. The wine industry may believe that if you make it, people will drink it. But the world's biggest spirits company does not agree, indirectly admitting that wine cannot efficiently compete with beer and spirits in the drinks market. The sale, part of Diageo's strategy of focusing entirely on premium but high-volume brands, looks like the best move for the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales