UK: Diageo announces the need for a new Burger King CEO before flotation
Diageo has revealed that until a new boss is recruited for the head of Burger King, the fastfood chain's £2.5bn flotation will most likely be delayed.The world's biggest drinks company has been searching for a replacement chief executive for its subsidiary following Dennis Malamatinas' resignation in June. It is also anxious to begin trading in earnest, after it was announced that Burger King's profits grew by just 4% last year.Diageo itself reported an 11% rise in underlying profits, and is stoical about the expected delays in the Burger King flotation. Chief Executive Paul Walsh commented: "it is more important to put processes in place to minimise value than slavishly to try and hit a specific timetable." The flotation of a 20% stake in the global fastfood chain was expected to hit the New York stock exchange early in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020