UK: Diageo close to selling Burger King to Texas Pacific for US$2.3bn
UK drinks conglomerate Diageo is reported to be close to selling its US fastfood subsidiary Burger King for US$2.3bn. Reuters reports that sources close to the talks expect the deal to be announced in July, with Texas Pacific emerging victorious over a rival bid led by Blackstone, not least because it has the support of Burger King chairman John Dasburg. That bid also has the backing of Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega