UK: Diageo close to selling Burger King to Texas Pacific for US$2.3bn
UK drinks conglomerate Diageo is reported to be close to selling its US fastfood subsidiary Burger King for US$2.3bn. Reuters reports that sources close to the talks expect the deal to be announced in July, with Texas Pacific emerging victorious over a rival bid led by Blackstone, not least because it has the support of Burger King chairman John Dasburg. That bid also has the backing of Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever