UK: Diageo close to selling Burger King to Texas Pacific for US$2.3bn
UK drinks conglomerate Diageo is reported to be close to selling its US fastfood subsidiary Burger King for US$2.3bn. Reuters reports that sources close to the talks expect the deal to be announced in July, with Texas Pacific emerging victorious over a rival bid led by Blackstone, not least because it has the support of Burger King chairman John Dasburg. That bid also has the backing of Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre