USA: Diageo - food dampens the effects of alcohol - COMMENT (Members)
Diageo's drinks business has reported strong results, but Burger King and Pillsbury are suffering. The company's end of year update shows that the food business is still failing to perform. Burger King remains weak, especially in Europe, and Pillsbury has failed to continue the improvement shown in the previous six months. In all, Diageo's results prove that concentrating on drinks rather than food is the right strategy for the company to follow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund