USA: Diageo, General Mills and International Multifoods pleased with FTC vote
General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Diageo plc (LSE:DGE; NYSE:DEO) and International Multifoods Corporation (NYSE:IMC) said yesterday they are pleased with today's vote at the Federal Trade Commission which resulted in no action being taken against the proposed acquisition of Pillsbury by General Mills. General Mills and Diageo said they are committed to completing the acquisition of Pillsbury, and to consummating the divestiture to International Multifoods Corporation on the terms submitted to the Federal Trade Commission.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat