USA: Diageo, General Mills and International Multifoods pleased with FTC vote
General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Diageo plc (LSE:DGE; NYSE:DEO) and International Multifoods Corporation (NYSE:IMC) said yesterday they are pleased with today's vote at the Federal Trade Commission which resulted in no action being taken against the proposed acquisition of Pillsbury by General Mills. General Mills and Diageo said they are committed to completing the acquisition of Pillsbury, and to consummating the divestiture to International Multifoods Corporation on the terms submitted to the Federal Trade Commission.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti