UK/USA: Diageo in exclusive talks with TPG on Burger King sale
UK drinks giant Diageo is in exclusive talks with Texas Pacific Group (TPG) on the sale of its US fastfood business Burger King (BK), after two other bidders refused to raise their offers. Bloomberg reported this morning that TPG has offered more than the US$2.1bn put in by other bidders. Some market watchers have suggested that it offered US$2.3bn (7x EBITDA). This news comes just one week after the reports in the US press revealed that Diageo had turned down offers from all three suitors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch