UK/USA: Diageo in exclusive talks with TPG on Burger King sale
UK drinks giant Diageo is in exclusive talks with Texas Pacific Group (TPG) on the sale of its US fastfood business Burger King (BK), after two other bidders refused to raise their offers. Bloomberg reported this morning that TPG has offered more than the US$2.1bn put in by other bidders. Some market watchers have suggested that it offered US$2.3bn (7x EBITDA). This news comes just one week after the reports in the US press revealed that Diageo had turned down offers from all three suitors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target