USA: Diageo says Burger King sales perking up in US
UK alcoholic drinks giant Diageo reported that its Burger King fastfood subsidiary is returning its best US sales growth in years. The news gives a shot in the arm to a turnaround that is attracting a number of suitors for BK. Known bidders include private investment funds Texas Pacific Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners, and trade buyer Triarc Cos, which owns the Arby's restaurant chain. Other bidders remain in the frame too, sources close to the company say.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations