UK: Diageo seeking more than US$2.3bn for Burger King?
UK drinks conglomerate Diageo is reported to be seeking bids in excess of US$2.3bn for the Burger King fastfood division it is planning to divest. The sale is the last part of Diageo's campaign to focus exclusively on its drinks portfolio, which includes Guinness beer, Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker whisky. The group sold its Pillsbury food division last year for US$10.5bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin