UK: Diageo seeking more than US$2.3bn for Burger King?
UK drinks conglomerate Diageo is reported to be seeking bids in excess of US$2.3bn for the Burger King fastfood division it is planning to divest. The sale is the last part of Diageo's campaign to focus exclusively on its drinks portfolio, which includes Guinness beer, Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker whisky. The group sold its Pillsbury food division last year for US$10.5bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre