UK: Diageo seeking more than US$2.3bn for Burger King?
UK drinks conglomerate Diageo is reported to be seeking bids in excess of US$2.3bn for the Burger King fastfood division it is planning to divest. The sale is the last part of Diageo's campaign to focus exclusively on its drinks portfolio, which includes Guinness beer, Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker whisky. The group sold its Pillsbury food division last year for US$10.5bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund