UK: Diageo seeking more than US$2.3bn for Burger King?
UK drinks conglomerate Diageo is reported to be seeking bids in excess of US$2.3bn for the Burger King fastfood division it is planning to divest. The sale is the last part of Diageo's campaign to focus exclusively on its drinks portfolio, which includes Guinness beer, Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker whisky. The group sold its Pillsbury food division last year for US$10.5bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk