UK/USA: Diageo sells Burger King for US$2.26bn
UK-based Diageo, the world's biggest wine and spirit producer, has announced it has agreed the sale of its fastfood concern Burger King to a consortium composed of Texas Pacific, Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs. Diageo will receive US$2.26bn in cash for Burger King Corporation (BKC) on a debt free basis. BKC will retain a minimum level of working capital, which will include US$15m of cash.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group