UK/USA: Diageo sells Burger King for US$2.26bn
UK-based Diageo, the world's biggest wine and spirit producer, has announced it has agreed the sale of its fastfood concern Burger King to a consortium composed of Texas Pacific, Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs. Diageo will receive US$2.26bn in cash for Burger King Corporation (BKC) on a debt free basis. BKC will retain a minimum level of working capital, which will include US$15m of cash.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin