USA: Diageo/Burger King, spend the money on booze (COMMENT) - MEMBERS
London (CommentWire) - Diageo can breathe a sigh of relief after offloading Burger King. But what should it do with the money? Investing in the core spirits offering seems like the best plan. In the absence of major Seagram-style acquisition opportunities, it may snap up some smaller brands - but much of the spending should go on strengthening its marketing and distribution capabilities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations