US: Diamond adds to breakfast snacks range
The Oatmeal Nut Blend line includes Maple & Brown Sugar, Apples & Cinnamon, and Blueberries & Creme flavours
Diamond Foods has added to its range of snack products in the US that are sold to eat for breakfast.
The company has added an Oatmeal Nut Blend line to its Emerald Breakfast On The Go range, which was launched in January.
The new products, expected to be launched next January, contain "fruit-infused oatmeal clusters" and will be sold in flavours including Maple & Brown Sugar, Apples & Cinnamon, and Blueberries & Creme.
The snacks manufacturer said the launch "focuses on the consumer oatmeal trend and is designed to bring it into the US$2.2bn convenient breakfast category".
"We are very pleased with the continuing strong performance of Emerald Breakfast on the go!" Diamond Foods EVP and CMO Andrew Burke said yesterday (24 October).
The launch will be supported by in-store marketing and sampling.
Diamond Foods existing brand portfolio includes Kettle Brand chips, Emerald snack nuts, Pop Secret popcorn, and Diamond of California nuts.
PepsiCo remained under scrutiny last week despite the announcement of plans it believes will "strengthen" the company and improve returns for investors, while the future ownership of global snacks bra...
Embattled US snack foods company Diamond Foods has reportedly in talks to sell a stake in the business to private-equity firms....
Kellogg has today (15 February) emerged as the surprise buyer of global snacks brand Pringles after the planned sale to Diamond Foods was called off....
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1