US: Diamond Foods appoints ex-Google director
US snack maker Diamond Foods has appointed Linda Segre to the position of senior vice president, corporate strategy and communications.
Segre, previously managing director of google.org, the corporate philanthropy organization of Google Inc, will report to Steven Neil, executive vice president and chief financial and administrative officer.
"Linda's broad management experience and strategic orientation makes her a natural fit for this role, which will encompass corporate communications, investor relations, business development and strategic planning," said Neil. "Given our long-term growth plans, now is the right time to bring in someone with Linda's capabilities."
Segre has also held the position of vice president, officer and director at The Boston Consulting Group, a global management consulting firm, where she focused on clients in the consumer goods and financial services sectors.
Diamond Foods has seen its Emerald nut brand claim more of the market thanks to the success of its Super Bowl-related marketing activity, the company said today (8 February)....
Results season started in earnest this week, with Unilever, Kellogg and Hershey among the food giants announcing annual results....
The board of US snack maker Diamond Foods has approved a cash dividend of $0.045 per common share....
US snack maker Diamond Foods is to unveil a marketing campaign for the relaunch of its Pop Secret popcorn brand....
US snack maker Diamond Foods said its Emerald nut brand has achieved market share records, with strong growth across all segments....
US snack maker Diamond Foods has upped its forecast for annual earnings after a first quarter of bumper snack sales - although the company predicted a weaker second quarter....
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin