US: Diamond sees Emerald growth
US snack maker Diamond Foods has announced that its Emerald brand achieved a new "market share record" over the 12-week period ended 13 June.
Emerald sales in US food stores grew 48% over the prior year period, causing market share to jump 250 basis points to 8.4%, the company said.
"Over the last year our focus has been on improving the distribution of our core, high velocity items as well as securing placement of our new products such as Cocoa Roast Almonds and Sea Salt & Pepper Cashews," said president and CEO Michael Mendes.
"We remain focused on investing in our brands, driving our core item distribution and bringing relevant product innovation to market, which is stimulating category growth despite the current economic environment."
Growth was particularly strong across the three core tree nut segments. In Almonds, Emerald's dollar sales grew more than 70%; in Deluxe Mixed Nuts, Emerald grew more than 50%; whileWhole Cashew segment sales increased more than 100%.
US snack maker Diamond Foods is to unveil a marketing campaign for the relaunch of its Pop Secret popcorn brand....
US snack maker Diamond Foods said its Emerald nut brand has achieved market share records, with strong growth across all segments....
US snack maker Diamond Foods has upped its forecast for annual earnings after a first quarter of bumper snack sales - although the company predicted a weaker second quarter....
US snack maker Diamond Foods has launched a campaign focusing on finger foods....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant